Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 20:04:43 -0400, krw wrote:

Yes, I got that. STFU until they send him a bill (or contract). It's not
his responsibly to pay for it until the payment is requested. He has
signed nothing.

Hi Krw,
The ONE company I won't be calling will be Amerigas!

Here's what I know, so far ...
1. There are no disclosures, nor liens recorded related to the propane
tank, at either the state department level, or at the county level.
Note: In-person searches pending but title company searches completed.

2. The tank was manufactured by Roy E. Hanson Jr. Mfg
Phone: 213-747-7514

3. Hanson sold that tank to Surburban Propane of Whippany NY
Phone: 973-887-5300

4. The National Board record will likely corroborate that sale:
Phone: 614-431-3204 (response pending)

4. The local Suburban Propane has never put any tank at my address:
Phone: 408-227-8464

5. Amerigas bought Heritage Propane for $2.9 billion on Jan 12, 2012:
ibtimes.com/amerigas-buy-heritage-propane-29-billion-324045
amerigas.com/amerigas-propane-blog/amerigas-propane/news/amerigas-partners-announces-completion-of-heritage-propane-acquisition/

6. Presumably, Heritage Propane felt they owned my tank (reasons unknown).

7. Presumably, Amerigas feels they own my tank (again, unsubstantiated as yet).

So, the question is ... Who owns that tank?

More importantly, how is a lowly homeowner supposed to figure this out?
The title company "advisor" said I clearly own it, until someone proves otherwise,
in which case, I may have a claim against the seller's real-estate agent.

I have never exercised such a claim in my life, so I'd prefer not to
go through that (I've never sued anyone and I'm not a young man).

I'd prefer to simply know who owns that tank!