Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Monday, September 30, 2013 3:30:11 PM UTC-4, Alex Gunderson wrote:
On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:50:05 -0700, wrote:

You can't enforce a contract where no contract ever

existed.

And, in this case, the tank was sold by the original

manufacturer to a THIRD propane company!

I called that third propane company, who has been in

business in the area for 85 years. They did NOT ever

service my residence!

Of course, they still could have originally owned the

tank and sold it to someone but they have no record of

owning that tank.

I finally got a human at the
https://www.nationalboard.org

registry public affairs department:

National Board Public Affairs Phone: 614.431.3204

They told me there is no way I can search for the datasheet

on that tank without establishing a relationship with them,

but, they asked me for my national registry code plus the

serial number and they said they'd let me know what information

is on the registration for original and subsequent owners

for that specific tank (plus I can buy the datasheet).

However, they said only the original owner is likely to

be on the tank datasheet, unless someone updated their

database voluntarily after the fact.

Keep calling enough and eventually something is sure to
happen. Why you you're not happy with a tank that has
been free for 3 years and won't just let a sleeping dog lie is
beyond me and I think everyone else here.