Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Mon, 30 Sep 2013 08:50:05 -0700, wrote:

You can't enforce a contract where no contract ever
existed.

And, in this case, the tank was sold by the original
manufacturer to a THIRD propane company!

I called that third propane company, who has been in
business in the area for 85 years. They did NOT ever
service my residence!

Of course, they still could have originally owned the
tank and sold it to someone but they have no record of
owning that tank.

I finally got a human at the
https://www.nationalboard.org
registry public affairs department:
National Board Public Affairs Phone: 614.431.3204

They told me there is no way I can search for the datasheet
on that tank without establishing a relationship with them,
but, they asked me for my national registry code plus the
serial number and they said they'd let me know what information
is on the registration for original and subsequent owners
for that specific tank (plus I can buy the datasheet).

However, they said only the original owner is likely to
be on the tank datasheet, unless someone updated their
database voluntarily after the fact.