Chris Hodges

Default Garden light rusted

N. Thornton wrote:
I can buy a new one for £8, its not a special or anything. So if I
have to take it off the wall I'll just replace it. So really that
rules out a drill press.

I'd agree with that.

Sawing a new slot: I can try it, or water pump pliers might work, its
just the thing's so badly rusted I'd be very surprised if any of them
unscrewed. But I shall try after I've coked it.

WD40 might be worth a go as well of course (post coke, pre twist)

Then I'm thinking if I use a tiny drill bit to take bits out of the
remaining snapped off screw I might get one to come out. Got it, a
grinding point on the dremel. Once ones out I can get to the others
and snap them off. The screws are right on the glass, with no wiggle
room, so it'll be a close shave at best.

Sounds interesting - for want of a better word. If you can recover 1 it
might be possible to match and certainly B+Q do ripoff bags of metric sizes.
--
Chris
-----