Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WW2 interesting trivia

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
Richard on Sat, 28 Sep 2013 15:28:53 -0500

I've fired several thousand tracers from an M-60.
Maybe I should have asked if it was safe first?

Should you? How much yellow/green return tracers did you get?

Gunner

Never saw any yellow.
But the green once can get real big!

They certainly can! And those suckers are fast too!

Since we were most often flying at the time, the tracers make the
most
beautiful curves. (well, so did mine, but I actually like mine!)
It looks like they are going somewhere else, then they slowly curve
in
toward you and pick up speed.

It takes a while to learn which ones have your name on them...

As my Dad would say: It is not the one with your name on it you
need to worry about, it is the one marked "Occupant" or "Boxholder
local" or "To whom it may concern".
--
pyotr filipivich

Captain Blackadder: Baldrick, what are you doing out there?
Private Baldrick: I'm carving something on a bullet, sir.
Captain Blackadder: What are you craving?
Private Baldrick: I'm carving "Baldrick", sir.
Captain Blackadder: Why?
Private Baldrick: It's part of a cunning plan, sir.
Captain Blackadder: Of course it is.
Private Baldrick: You know how they say that somewhere there's a
bullet with your name on it?
Captain Blackadder: Yes?
Private Baldrick: Well I thought that if I owned the bullet with my
name on it, I'll never get hit by it. Cause I'll never shoot myself...
Captain Blackadder: Oh, shame!
Private Baldrick: And the chances of there being *two* bullets with my
name on it are very small indeed.
Captain Blackadder: Yes, it's not the only thing that is "very small
indeed". Your brain for example- is brain's so minute, Baldrick, that
if a hungry cannibal cracked your head open, there wouldn't be enough
to cover a small water biscuit.