Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:11:32 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 09:34:04 -0700 (PDT), RP wrote:
Back when I was a kid we never used knives or guns on people we were
****ed off at. We used the time old tradition of beating the ****
out of each other and then being best friends afterwards.

And, that was my world growing up too. Unfortunately, for whatever
reason, it's not that way anymore. There's a lot of advantages in
today's society, but there seems to be just as many problems with it
too. Guess that's the status quo.

What "advantages"?

Well, I'm not so sure how much I agree Dave. I do agree that our current
society is subject to irrational and extreme acts by mentally disturbed
people, gangs, and the like (outside of normal, legal practices), but
notwithstanding that issue, the general use of guns, safe handling,
self-control, is very much alive in our current society. Then again, those
who defy those attributes do seem to be finding their way into notoriety
more today than they ever have in the past. So - I'm not really sure if I
disagree, or not...

I don't agree at all. These acts have been going on since there has
been man. The difference is that now we have a press that is just as
blood thirsty as those who watch them. Blood a gore sells. People
are rooting for the lions.