Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

wrote:
On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 22:14:41 -0400, "Mike Marlow"
would not surprise me if there is more to the story than what was
reported in the link I provided, but even if that is the case, it is
of no business of the school, and they well overstepped their
boundaries by suspending the kids for activities having nothing at
all to do with school.

Well, as you've stated, there may be more to the story than what we've
heard.

For all we know, the kid took the gun/toy/whatever to school on one or
more occasions. Maybe the kid threatened to use it on someone at the
school. Granted, the school might well be overstepping their grounds,
but I do suspect there's a more direct connection to the school than
currently reported. We'll see.

No Dave - click the link. The kid did not take the gun to school. Nor to
the bus stop which was some 70 yards away. No such threats were reported or
even infered in the school's position. The risk is when we begin to allow
that some things "may" have happened, which were clearly reported to have
been investigated, and did not. Don't fall into the trap of trying to
excuse the actions of the school. There is just no such evidence and in
fact - many/most of these ideas were covered in the link provided.

--

-Mike-