Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Very OT - but this stuff is getting rediculous...

On Sat, 28 Sep 2013 17:53:12 -0400, Keith Nuttle
wrote:

On 9/28/2013 3:31 PM, wrote:
First of all, a child is NOT property of anyone but himself. Though
many would have you believe he's the property of the state (as we all
are). Substitute "responsibility" for "property" and perhaps there is
some intelligence in there somewhere.

...but it did make her "uncomfortable". sheesh!

I thought my ancestor worked to solve that problem over 150 years ago
when they rode south with the Union Army.

Indeed.

A person belong to no one. If you are a parent YOU are responsible to
your children. The schools are only responsible of keeping order in
school and EDUCATING the children in their class rooms. They can teach
them nutrition but can not enforce nutrition.

"responsible for". ;-)

No, the schools are responsible for the children when they are in
their care. That is an obligation *to* the children and not in any
way ownership. It seems that too many people have the arrow
backwards.

"You are the captain of your soul the master of your fate." and as a
parent it is your responsibility to teach your kid the moral frame work
to make intelligent decision so he can take responsibility for his soul
and his fate.

Agreed (but it isn't the schools' job to undo that, either).

NOT the schools, the local government or the federal government.

You radical, you! ;-)