Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

"Alex Gunderson" wrote in message

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:37:07 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

if one changes gas provider, the previous company has
30 days to come get their tank; if they don't, then it
is bye-bye tank for them.

Aha! That's the abandonment clause.

That's the one thing I'm unsure of, out here, for
California.

I found THIS legal site, but it doesn't seem to cover
that topic.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/di...file=4451-4465

If it were me, I'd consider the tank mine. Consider...

1. Previous owner bought gas from Company A. Tank was either the previous
owner's or rented from Company A (probable).

2. House was sold, you start buying LPG from Company B. Company A *knows*
they are no longer delivering gas, should have picked up tank if it was
theirs. They did not so either it was not theirs or they abandoned it. In
either case, I would now consider it mine; if someone asked to see a bill of
sale, I'd tell them it is none of their business and/or came with the house.

Paint it a pretty color, stencil your name on it and enjoy. Need I mention
that when you paint it you shouldn't sand or do anything else that could
cause sparks?

--

dadiOH