Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On 9/27/2013 4:48 AM, Alex Gunderson wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:37:58 -0700, Ashton Crusher wrote:

If they decide it's their tank tell them fine, they can have it as soon as
the pay the storage fees. Even a nominal $10 a day is going to cost them
some bucks.

It's funny you say that because my wife suggested we charge them rent!

The problem, of course, is that I need to have them deliver the propane.

I haven't done the research lately, but they were the cheapest of the
four or five companies that I can buy propane from out here.

And, as they buy each other up, their numbers are dwindling.

I think they'll pick up the tank for free though - but then I'm left
with buying a brand new tank.

Luckily, they're not too expensive, about a dollar a gallon, so, it would
cost about a thousand gallons. I will have to put in a concrete reinforced
pad and earthquake straps and I'll need to trench it since I'd move it
elsewhere - so I've been looking up all that separately.

look into burying it. i did that so i didn't have to look at it all the
time. cost a bit more though, and you have to have additional permits
and the right kind of ground to do so.

EDIT: Plus it looks like I need a set of high pressure and low pressure
regulators. One each at the tank, and one at the house.