Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 08:41:20 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Are you unhappy with the present company?

Nope.

Why discuss all the work to change tanks,
if the existing tank is in acceptable shape?

Only for economy.

The propane company charges one rate for people who
rent the tank (in addition to the monthly rental fee).

But, they charge a lower rate for those who own
their tanks (with the benefit of no rental fee).

I'm assuming (rough calculations) that the tank will
pay for itself in a year or two given those dynamics
(at least that is what I had calculated years ago).