Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On 9/26/2013 7:23 PM, wrote:
On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:56:06 +0000 (UTC), Alex Gunderson
wrote:

I realize this is a legal question but has anyone here had this happen.
Any advice?

1. Bought a house, as is, in 2010, which came with a 1,000 gallon propane tank attached.
2. Entered into agreement with fuel company "1" for fuel in 2010.
3. No tank rental is paid to fuel company 1 because it's not their tank

Also consider that no "rental" is paid because you are buying gas from
them. I contracted with a propane company to place a tank on our
property solely for the purpose of providing LPG to heat the swimming
pool. No rental was ever charged... UNTIL... we severely cut back on
the use of the heater and were not constantly filling it. They then
instituted what they called a "drayage" charge, charging us $x.xx per month.

"Fired" that company and new one brought in a similar tank with no
drayage charge. Eventually got rid of pool and heater but next door
neighbor installed a pool and needed propane for it so they moved it
next door. He STILL has it and pays only for the gas he uses.

Why would you want to "own" it. If you own it, you're responsible for
maintenance. If you stop using the gas, what are you going to do? Plant
petunias in it after you cut it in half?