Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:48:23 -0400, noname
wrote:

On 09/26/2013 07:56 PM, Alex Gunderson wrote:
Have you ever been in this situation?
What advice do you have for me?

If the tank blows up and kills the neighbor's kid, will you still be
claiming ownership of the tank? I doubt it.

Tell the owner of the tank to come and get their tank.
Buy a new tank from a different propane supplier.

If they even will sell you one. Many will not so they have you
dependent on them for fuel. You will have to find one and have it
installed yourself in some areas. As mentioned before, propane
dealers can make used car salesmen and lawyers look good.

Hmm,
CA being earthquake prone place, reg. could be different regarding
stationary tanks. Anyway up here in Alberta I have a little cabin way
out in the wilderness but I have NG hook up. Gas company ran line to
this neck of wood in anticipation of people building cabins ahead of
time. We have power, NG, only water is depend on drilled well.