Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Friday, September 27, 2013 8:34:27 AM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:01:06 +0000 (UTC), Alex Gunderson

wrote:

I will call the title insurance company today, to see if they'll

compensate me for my $2,000 loss - but - since it's not actually

mentioned in the paperwork, I doubt it's something they deal with.

So, now I'm making plans for buying a new tank, and putting it in

myself.

What loss? I don't see you having a loss. You bought the house and

land it sits on. If the guy across the street happened to be parked

in your driveway on the day you closed, would you get to keep his car?

The tank, if owned by the propane company, happens to be on the land

you don't get ownership. This is something that should have been

resolved to your satisfaction before closing.

I don't see the title company getting involved. Would they help you

if the previous owner left the refrigerator No, that is not covered

under title insurance. It only covers real property against claims,

liens, and that type of thing.

+1