Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

I might have missed it. Is there some reason you
don't just keep hiring the existing company to
fill your propane? What's the big ownership
question? Are they far too expensive?

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/27/2013 8:18 AM, Alex Gunderson wrote:
On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 04:48:23 -0400, noname wrote:

Tell the owner of the tank to come and get their tank.
Buy a new tank from a different propane supplier.

That's exactly what I'm leaning toward.

To that end, I had a long talk with the propane
company sales & technical support.

This is preliminary, but this is what I'm assessing:

1. Propane company will deliver a new empty tank
2. Tank must (now) be 25' from all structures
3. Trench needs to be 12" deep (if not driven over)
4. Tank must have a reinforced concrete pad
5. Pad must have tie-down eyebolts or lag bolts
6. Conduit must have metal wire running alongside
7. Both risers must be plastic or steel
8. Propane company will install & own the 3 regulators
9. Propane company will deliver tank (but I can own it)
10. Propane company will install & own tie-down straps
11. Propane company will connect, own, & inspect connections
12. Propane company will deliver fuel