Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013 07:37:07 -0400, dadiOH wrote:

Around here - central Florida - such tanks are generally owned by the
company providing the gas; they may or may not charge an annual fee for
its use.

Out here, in California, all the propane companies will deliver a
tank for free and let you rent it from them for a monthly fee.

However, the propane company I use will fill only two types of tanks:
1. Their tank
2. Your tank

They told me they own the connections from the regulators to the tank,
including the regulators themselves. I can own everything else,
on both sides of those connections.

So, I'm scoping this out as we speak.