Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 22:11:02 -0700, recyclebinned wrote:

Yes I understand that the chances are one in a million
but the question is:
If the tank blew-up would you sue company 1?

I've never sued anyone in my life, and I'm over 60, so, probably
not. Unless someone was hurt badly, and then I'd probably want
their medical costs covered.

Also, I must repeat, the chance of the tank blowing up is
so low that it's more likely that the chimney will blow over
in a strong wind - so I must deal with more pragmatic matters.

The most pragmatic seems to be for me to buy a new tank (if
they won't sell the old one to me for a good price).

The key problem with a new tank is that the old grandfathered
rules no longer apply - so - I am scoping out the additional
concrete pad, tie-down points, trench, conduit, risers, & regulators.