Posted to alt.home.repair
Alex Gunderson Alex Gunderson is offline

Default Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank?

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 23:35:42 -0400, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Your opinion does not matter...
unless you have a bill of sale ... you did not buy it.

Belatedly, I'm coming to that very same realization.

In fact, it seems that the current company might even be
able to charge me back rent for the tank.

The rent is about $15/month, so that would amount to hundreds
of dollars (for a tank that's only worth about $1 per gallon).

On top of all that, propane companies are notoriously sleazy
when it comes to filling tanks if it is not their tank.

All the companies out here in California will fill only two
types of tanks:

1. Theirs
2. Yours

So, I called the propane company, anonymously, and asked
how much it would cost to have a new tank put in that I pay for.

If I buy the tank from them for roughly $1/gallon of capacity,
they will deliver it and strap it down and put in the three
regulators.

It's my responsibility to put in the reinforced concrete pad,
tie-down attachment points, 12" trench, yellow conduit, & two
stainless steel risers.