Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Stability of 240v supply under FIT tarrif?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
On 25/09/2013 17:49, harryagain wrote:
"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 24/09/13 09:07, harryagain wrote:
On 23/09/13 12:03, Dave Liquorice wrote:

What is weird about giving the true facts?

Dunno, but its a total rarity in any discussions about energy
generation.

After considerable thought I have decided that the most succinct
thing to
be asiad about what 'everybody knows' and what 'everybody syays'
about
electrical power generation is that it's *completely wrong*.

Well you certainly know nothing about inverters.

I've designed more of them than you have had solar panels fitted.

Maybe but solar inverters aren't really inverters at all.
They have much higher DC input voltages than the output AC voltage.
You "only" need to change it to sine output using suitable switches and
bit of smoothing.

Creating a sine wave using electronics is not straightforward.

You think?

I can do it in a line of code.

I see you are the theory man.
Actually building a stand alone one that makes a stepless wave is difficult.

But unnessary in the case of a grid tie inverter which uses the mains as a
"model"
ie works like an amplifier.