Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default New Power tool line from a name you know

On 9/24/2013 11:34 PM, Leon wrote:
On 9/24/2013 10:31 PM, wrote:
The following caught my attention in the article referenced herein.

"There's a sizeable gap in price and performance between DeWalt and
Porter-Cable. This new line of power tools seems intended to fill that
gap by appealing to budget-conscious pros who want something better
than Porter-Cable but may not need or be able to afford DeWalt."

When did Porter Cable stop being a professional carpenter brand?
Porter Cable was all Norm Abram used on the New Yankee Workshop. I
think he qualifies as a pro carpenter-woodworker. I think of the
following brands as pro tools. Bosch, DeWalt, Porter Cable,
Milwaukee, Makita. Hilti, Metabo, and some of the other European
brands are a bit different.

Pro grade does not mean quality. PC quality has been slipping since the
late 90's.

Quite true, B&D trashed the company.

But then again B&D is total trash.

--