Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] russellseaton1@yahoo.com is offline

Default New Power tool line from a name you know

The following caught my attention in the article referenced herein.

"There's a sizeable gap in price and performance between DeWalt and Porter-Cable. This new line of power tools seems intended to fill that gap by appealing to budget-conscious pros who want something better than Porter-Cable but may not need or be able to afford DeWalt."

When did Porter Cable stop being a professional carpenter brand? Porter Cable was all Norm Abram used on the New Yankee Workshop. I think he qualifies as a pro carpenter-woodworker. I think of the following brands as pro tools. Bosch, DeWalt, Porter Cable, Milwaukee, Makita. Hilti, Metabo, and some of the other European brands are a bit different.