Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT Yes the creep keeps rising and you cannot stop it

On 9/24/2013 2:18 PM, Leon wrote:

Already a system is currently going up in Indianapolis, where you can
"share" an electric car--dropping it off at one of numerous designated
recharge stations.

share a car?? As in leave your vehicle and take some one else's?

I would not, maybe you would, be OK with lending my vehicle to a
stranger and I cant begin to fathom the liability issues associated with
this arrangement.

He may be talking about a rental setup like Zip Car where the car is
parked on the street, not at a rental office.

OTOH, it may be a good idea to buy shares in a car. It has been done
with aircraft for years giving you a certain number of hours use. In a
big city it could work for the occasional driver..

I don't lend my car to anyone, even family.