Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mancave@toolshed.com is offline

Default What to use to prevent stepping on nails

On Mon, 23 Sep 2013 16:14:23 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

given the risks of stepping on a nail is it really worth it? at least as
i get older i try to be more careful, at 56 i heal slower

I'm older than you and I am extremely careful. I heal slower too. But
when a naily board has grass growing over it, and cant be seen, it will
getcha. That's what happened to me. I just had on some cheap plastic
soled canvas shoes too. I tend to stay away from thick leather shoes in
hot weather, because they overheat my whole body. But if I ever do
another job where there may be a hidden nail, I will wear whatever
protects my feet. Nails in the foot are very painful. But the doctor
said it's healing, even though I still cant step on that part of the
foot.