Lobby Dosser

Default Anybody actually seen this new safety device?

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

"J. Clarke" wrote in
:

Lobby Dosser wrote:

"Frank Ketchum" wrote in
k.net:

"Leon" wrote in message

I did the almost same thing almost 16 years ago. I e-mailed the
Saw Stop people a couple of years ago and they indicated that the
device will work even if the power to the motor has been turned
off.

You're kidding, right? This thing will fire if you touch the
blade after power has been removed from the motor? How in the
hell are you supposed to change blades without this thing going
off?

Frank

With great difficulty and a lot of time.

Most likely it shuts itself down when the blade stops moving.

Ever tried changing a blade without moving it?

I don't generally turn on the power in order to do it. Geez, it's the
21st century--kitchen appliances have more processing power than a
'60s mainframe--how hard do you think it is to program a control so
that "if power has been turned on and off and blade is moving and skin
touches it activate, if blade has stopped and moves again and power
has not been turned on then do not activate".

Presumably if you pull the power cord, you'd shut it down.

How much power do you think it draws? I suspect that it has some kind
of backup power source with enough juice to keep it armed until the
saw quits turning. That's the way I'd design it.

Ah, but you sound like you know what you're doing. How many electronic or
electrical gadgets do you own or use that are 'perfect'? This keyboard
fer instance ....