Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default What to use to prevent stepping on nails

On 2013-09-23, wrote:

Anyhow, unless there is a special shoe made for this purpose which I am
not aware......

Usta be, you could buy army surplus Vietnam jungle boots, the one's
with the canvas upper. Since there was an ever present danger of
simple nails-in-a-board cong booby traps, they started making those
boots with a metal plate in the bottom. At least that's how I
remember it. Whether or not those surplus jungle boots are still
being made with said metal plate, --or even at all-- I cannot say,
but it may be worth exploring.

Well, whattya know, first web search reveals:

http://www.armysurpluswarehouse.com/...ngle-boot.html

Note the "Spike Protective" in the description.

nb --king of the web!