Posted to alt.home.repair
RobertMacy RobertMacy is offline

Default Fire Extinguishers - fixed halon systems?

Halon leaves NO residue. That's why it is used in aircraft cockpits.

I thought Halon was finally outlawed as an 'ozone' killer; however, *IF*
you have the FE, you can get it refilled, though.

I have three, one for the kitchen, so no residue to clean up.

On Sat, 21 Sep 2013 03:18:36 -0700, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

It's been a lot of years since I took fire protection
courses. My memory is that halon systems need a fairly
small bit of chemical to put out fire, and there's
still plenty of air for the people.

Carbon dioxide systems work by displacing the air,
and are lethal to the humans. Perhaps this is what
you remember?

In any case, the smoke and such from the fire can
be a problem to humans.

.
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus