Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Bandsaw guides update

On 9/22/2013 11:34 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 09:02:52 -0500, Leon wrote:

Guess we should load up on Alka Seltzer, Eno and Gaviscon then. Need
some way to handle all that spicy Texican food.

Spicy Texican? LOL. Try come Cajun cooking.

I used to go to a computer conference in Florida in the winter
(naturally). One of the attendees was from Canada and always wanted to
go out for Mexican food. Said he couldn't get good Mexican food in
Canada. Being from California at the time, I pointed out he couldn't get
it in Florida either. Cuban yes, Mexican no :-).

Exactly and Cuban is significantly different than Mexican.

Come to think of it, the best Mexican food I ever had was in Phoenix AZ.

I would imagine most any state that borders Mexico would be a better bet.

That said, most people think of Mexican food as the stuff that looks
like what Taco Bell serves. That is TexMex.

Authentic Mexican food is much more American in appearance, it is not
just tacos and enchiladas with the American ingredient. Many years ago
I learned the traditional Mexican enchilada is more likely to be stuffed
with vegetables, potatoes, etc, not necessarily ground beef and cheese.

And as Swingman and I can attest the Mexican food that you don't picture
in your mind is the stuff worth going after time and again.

Time for more El Panchito!