Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Bandsaw guides update

On 9/21/2013 8:39 AM, G. Ross wrote:
woodchucker wrote:
On 9/20/2013 9:18 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
For -MIKE- and anyone else interested:

Received the Carter look-alike guides and they fit my JBS 14MW
nicely. It appears that the spacing between the two rollers is not
adjustable, so the gap between the rollers and the blade is a tad
more than I've been led to believe is appropriate. Solid
construction and at $55 is about one-fourth the cost of the Carters.
Ran a couple of test cuts and am quite satisfied.

Larry

your sure they are not adjustable. The shaft that holds them should be
concentric so that you can move them in or out. Is there a set screw
holding the shaft?

I think the word is eccentric. Anyway, I had a similar set and I
believe you loosen the clamp screw and rotate the center screw to adjust
the roller in or out. I turn a lot of green wood and it builds up on
the blade and those would just pack it down and get tighter and
tighter. Had to go back to the steel guides which will scrape down the
buildup.

For ordinary use the roller guides are great.

Yep, eccentric..

--
Jeff