Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bandsaw guides update

On 9/20/13 8:18 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
For -MIKE- and anyone else interested:

Received the Carter look-alike guides and they fit my JBS 14MW
nicely. It appears that the spacing between the two rollers is not
adjustable, so the gap between the rollers and the blade is a tad
more than I've been led to believe is appropriate. Solid
construction and at $55 is about one-fourth the cost of the Carters.
Ran a couple of test cuts and am quite satisfied.

Larry

Thanks for the update, Larry. I'm going to bookmark that ebay seller.

I wouldn't worry too much about the gap. I learned a lot about which
adjustments on a bandsaw are truly important and which aren't when I was
needing to re-saw some 8" bamboo plywood. Proper blade tension is so
much more important than the guides.

This is the original post I made on the topic...
http://goo.gl/J7Z3vs
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/rec....I/OM85a1vy8HIJ

--

-MIKE-