Posted to alt.home.repair
Bud-- Bud-- is offline

Default How do you turn OFF the lights on a kid's sneaker?

On 9/19/2013 10:29 AM, Paul Drahn wrote:
On 9/19/2013 7:44 AM, M- in Europe wrote:
replying to DD_BobK , M- in Europe wrote:
rkazanjy wrote:

SNIP
and
I, too, was in the piezo generator vs battery camp... but it appear
that the lighted shoe tech depends on battery, LED and either pressure
or inertial switch.
So it appears that one needs to:
1) disable the swtich
2) use up the battery (figure out how to repeated fire the LEDs or
keep them on)
3) scramble the controller.
FYA
http://www.cringely.com/tag/childrens-shoes/
I also found a link (lost it) that says 5 seconds in the microwave
will kill them.
cheers
Bob

The 5 sec in the microwave works!

I had promised my wife I woukd disable the lights of a pair of cute
sneakers my 7 year daughter wanted.

The sneakers arrived from Amazon and I couldn't figure out hiw to disable
the very annoying blinking LEDs.

Tried the microwave, and in 3 or 4 seconds, the LEDs were fried and there
was no other visible damage :-)

Very clever solution!

It was also a clever solution when Bob F suggested it in the original
thread over a year ago.

Another idiot post (M- in Europe) from homemoanershub