Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Gluing cedar

On 9/18/13 1:38 PM, -MIKE- wrote:
I just un-clamped some cedar boards that I edged glued into panels
for shelves. They were very dry boards on which I ripped fresh edges
and joined, three-wide, with regular yellow Elmers carpenter glue,
tightly clamped with good parallel clamps.

First inspection: everything is normal, glue is dried and boards are
staying together, tightly. I'll report back if anything changes.

FWIW, I took some cut-off sections of the joined shelf boards I made and
bent then until they broke. They broke in the middle of the board and
not at the glue joint, as I've experienced with every other species with
which I've done this same experiment.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)