Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base for a unisaw

On 9/18/2013 4:00 PM, Pat Barber wrote:
On 9/18/2013 10:57 AM, Leon wrote:

Sorry, I was thinking bought in the last 25 or so years. The early ones
were much lighter in weight.

The only difference between a 1956 and 2008 is the motor size and
the fence types. That would explain any weight differences.

All other parts are 99.9% compatible and would weigh exactly
the same. Very little changed between 1938-2008.

Older Unisaws share parts all the way up to the
change over to the "new" design.

Many folks doing restores have almost no problem getting replacement
parts for any Unisaw spanning many years.

That was not what I was finding when comparing the 2000 model Unisaw and
the Jet. The Jet was well over 400 lbs and the Delta was heavier.
I would have bought the Unisaw had it not been for the broken trunnion
issues back then and the fact that the one on the sales floor had a
broken trunnion too.