Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base for a unisaw

Pat Barber wrote:
On 9/17/2013 2:05 PM, Leon wrote:

Really!? I would have thought at least 100lbs more. IIRC my old Jet
was over 400, My new SawStop with mobile base and out feed is a bit
over 700 lbs. Shipping weight over 800. for all additions.

Actually the new Unisaw is 624 with 36" fence according to Delta.
I really can't imagine the Unisaw gaining 244 lbs with the latest
version. But then again that is probably shipping weight.

Page 54 of the sales manual:

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/4887.pdf

Note that I said 380lbs for a "trimmed out" Unisaw which
in my case is a standard Unisaw with a 52" fence with a
3hp motor.

The top and motor make up the majority of the weight.
The cabinet and side board are fairly light.

The motor size can be from 1.5hp up to 3hp and that makes
up a good bit of difference in the total weight.

A 1.5hp is 65lbs while a modern 3hp motor is around 80lbs.

Sorry, I was thinking bought in the last 25 or so years. The early ones
were much lighter in weight.