Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Eli the Bearded Eli the Bearded is offline

Default Razor scooter woes

In rec.crafts.metalworking, Gunner Asch gunnerasch AT gmail.com wrote:
Eli the Bearded wrote:
My youngest has a Razor Scooter, looking something like this one:
http://www.target.com/p/razor-ultra-...r/-/A-11893958

The razor website sells replacement collars that use four of those screws,
for a better hold. Alas, those are for a different model and the collars
are a few mm too small.

Why not just use a couple radiator hose clamps..the worm screw type
and simply tighten the ******* down?

Here's a picture of the four screw collar that I mentioned:

http://shop.razor.com/Pro-Series-Quad-Clamp/

You think hose clamps will compete with the two screw version of that? I
think you don't understand the problem at all.

Anyway, red locktite applied. Holding so far, but so far hasn't been long
yet. Drill and cotterpin will probably be next tact.

Elijah
------
"a few mm too small" above refers to diameter