Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base for a unisaw

On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 16:05:29 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 9/17/2013 1:16 PM, Pat Barber wrote:
On 9/15/2013 9:01 AM, Leon wrote:

Probably not. I have two of these. I used oak for the bars. With
only
a DP setting on it the oak bends so much that I had to take all
adjustment
out of the feet so that the lifting wheel could lift enough so that the
feet did not drag.. I suspect thar a Unisaw would be much heavier.

Now if you used steel bars instead of wood, maybe. YMMV.

A trimmed out Unisaw is "around" 380lbs.

Really!? I would have thought at least 100lbs more. IIRC my old Jet
was over 400, My new SawStop with mobile base and out feed is a bit
over 700 lbs. Shipping weight over 800. for all additions.

My Unisaw had a shipping weight 600lbs (640lbs, IIRC). There is no
way it had 260lbs of cardboard on it. ;-)

Actually the new Unisaw is 624 with 36" fence according to Delta.
I really can't imagine the Unisaw gaining 244 lbs with the latest
version. But then again that is probably shipping weight.

My experience is similar.