Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default simplicity of design vs simple designs OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

Gunner Asch on Tue, 17 Sep 2013 09:15:56 -0700
On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:37:33 -0700, pyotr filipivich wrote:
Larry Jaques on Mon, 16 Sep 2013
22:28:02 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 12:18:20 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 06:49:06 -0700, Larry Jaques wrote:
Dayum, there really _is_ and app for everything now, isn't there?
Doesn't the small screen cause problems for aging eyes like ours?

Smart phones allow you to blow up or size down by simply stroking the
screen in certain ways and to change the font sizes

Oh, yes, so you can see a very big 1/100th of a normal page. :-/
"How long does it take to read a whole page like that?" he asked, as
he wondered how often something like that might come up.

One word at a time. I find on my iPod, if I take my glasses off,
I can bring the screen into focus, and it is just large enough to be
readable. Of course, it is also about three inches from my nose, but
I have finally find another advantage to extreme nearsightedness.
--
pyotr filipivich

Im getting rather far sighted. But ...1.5 diopter reading glasses
from the dollar store seem to work fine for close up stuff. It used to
be 1.25. Next year it will probably be 1.75...then 2.0......

I have a pair of 2.5 cheaters in the tool box. I slip them over
the trifocals to read the little numbers on mics, etc, particularly in
bad lighting. "Just call me 'Six Eyes' ..."

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich