Posted to uk.d-i-y
Piers Piers is offline

Default TRV4 Rad Valves Leaking

On 17/09/2013 18:48, Davidm wrote:
I fitted new Drayton TRV4 radiator valves to all my rads about 4 years
ago, and already two of them have started leaking where the valve pin
projects from the valve body.
Is this a common problem? Are they fixable or is the only solution to
renew the whole thing? Anyone have a magic solution for doing this
that avoids draining the system (it's an open vented system with a
header tank)?

I guess you could turn off the rad at the other end, freeze the pipe to
the TRV and then drain just that rad. But I'd prob just drain the whole
thing when convenient. Not a huge amount of effort.