Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber[_2_] Pat Barber[_2_] is offline

Default Bandsaw trouble

On 9/16/2013 5:37 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have an older Jet JBS 14MW bandsaw. While tightening one of the upper guide blocks, the guide block housing cracked. DAGS for a replacement part and came up with nothing, so it looks like I need to go aftermarket. Looked at some of the Carter options, but they are pretty pricey. Any suggestions?

Larry

I'm guessing but I bet you can get that part from just
about anybody who carries parts for band saws including
Delta. Jet is a "direct" copy of the Delta 14" band saw
that has been in production since the 1930's as I recall.

Jet is still in business and they should be contacted also.

Is this your saw ???

http://www.jettools.com/us/en/p/14-c...5-230v/708115K

and I bet those guide blocks will work on your saw.

Carter also will have guide blocks that work...

http://www.carterproducts.com/band-s...and-saw-guides