Posted to uk.d-i-y
John G[_4_] John G[_4_] is offline

Default TRV4 Rad Valves Leaking

On Tuesday, 17 September 2013 18:48:32 UTC+1, Davidm wrote:
I fitted new Drayton TRV4 radiator valves to all my rads about 4 years

ago, and already two of them have started leaking where the valve pin

projects from the valve body.

Is this a common problem? Are they fixable or is the only solution to

renew the whole thing? Anyone have a magic solution for doing this

that avoids draining the system (it's an open vented system with a

header tank)?

Most valves have a gland nut on the valve body that can be tightened slightly to stop the leak BUT not too tight to stop the pin moving.