Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw trouble

"Gramps' shop" wrote in
:

OK, "crack" is a bit of an understatement. I chunk of it broke off,
splitting the threaded hole for the set screw in half. I think the
odds of getting a weld or braze or epoxy to hold without compromising
the threads are pretty low. Hence, the replacement.

And, let it be known that I wasn't torqueing the set screw hard. I
guess this one falls into the "**** happens" category.

Larry

It might be possible to hold things together with a metal band on either
side of the screw hole. A piece of square stock measuring close to 7/8"
should do it, perhaps with a little filing.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.