Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bandsaw trouble

On 9/16/13 9:16 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
OK, "crack" is a bit of an understatement. I chunk of it broke off,
splitting the threaded hole for the set screw in half. I think the
odds of getting a weld or braze or epoxy to hold without compromising
the threads are pretty low. Hence, the replacement.

And, let it be known that I wasn't torqueing the set screw hard. I
guess this one falls into the "**** happens" category.

Larry

As I explained in another post, there's no operator error involved with
this.
It was a poor design made with poor material.
They are notorious for breaking in that exact spot.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--