Posted to rec.woodworking
Gramps' shop Gramps' shop is offline

Default Bandsaw trouble

OK, "crack" is a bit of an understatement. I chunk of it broke off, splitting the threaded hole for the set screw in half. I think the odds of getting a weld or braze or epoxy to hold without compromising the threads are pretty low. Hence, the replacement.

And, let it be known that I wasn't torqueing the set screw hard. I guess this one falls into the "**** happens" category.

Larry

On Monday, September 16, 2013 7:37:36 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have an older Jet JBS 14MW bandsaw. While tightening one of the upper guide blocks, the guide block housing cracked. DAGS for a replacement part and came up with nothing, so it looks like I need to go aftermarket. Looked at some of the Carter options, but they are pretty pricey. Any suggestions?

Larry