Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Bandsaw trouble

"Gramps' shop" wrote in
:

I have an older Jet JBS 14MW bandsaw. While tightening one of the
upper guide blocks, the guide block housing cracked. DAGS for a
replacement part and came up with nothing, so it looks like I need to
go aftermarket. Looked at some of the Carter options, but they are
pretty pricey. Any suggestions?

Larry

Where is it cracked? Perhaps you can fashion something to hold it
together securely. For example, if it's along one of the square edges, a
bit of angle iron (aluminum would probably work), a couple screws and a
couple tapped holes might form an adequate repair.

A roller bearing setup won't be cheap, but I believe they're designed to
replace the entire guide block housing. Maybe you can find someone who's
got the spare parts left from a conversion.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.