Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Bandsaw trouble

On 9/16/13 7:37 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I have an older Jet JBS 14MW bandsaw. While tightening one of the
upper guide blocks, the guide block housing cracked. DAGS for a
replacement part and came up with nothing, so it looks like I need
to go aftermarket. Looked at some of the Carter options, but they
are pretty pricey. Any suggestions?

Larry

Call this number...
JET Tools North America
427 New Sanford Road
La Vergne, TN 37086
Phone: 1.800.274.6848

They have parts for Jet, Delta, and almost every other old brand name
that was bought up by the same conglomerate years ago.

I have the same exact saw as you. When I first got it and was looking
for some spare parts I called these guys because they are right down the
road from me. They told me they still have bunches and bunches of parts
for these old machines in their warehouse but they don't advertise it.

Look up the parts number on line in case they don't know what you're
talking about.
If they a problem with paying over the phone and shipping it, I'd be
happy to pick it up for you and send it for the cost.

But yeah, might be a good excuse to buy newer guides. :-)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--