Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
T0m $herman T0m $herman is offline

Default Anyone know of an inexpensive K+CAN obd2 diagnostic cable (orK+DCAN) with pins 7 and 8 intact?

On 9/16/2013 7:51 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 09/14/2013 01:19 AM, T0m $herman wrote:
On 9/7/2013 4:47 PM, Jordan wrote:
So I would think almost everyone who owns the 1997 to 2003 5-series
BMW would already know about which dual-K KCAN cables work best with
INPA, DIS, & EDIABAS.

I would think 99% of 5-series owners would not have a clue to what this
is all about. Heck, I have known some Bimmer owners who would not know
how to find and read a dipstick.

Trick question - you check the oil level through the iDrive screen

nate

I prefer a dipstick to a sight glass - particularly on a motorcycle
without a center-stand. The dipstick also lets you see the color of the
oil.

Then there is Denise McCluggage, who reported having lots of men look at
her like she was stupid for having chains on the front wheels and
pouring oil in the gas tank - of course she was driving a SAAB 96.

--
T0m $herm@n