Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Dust collection hose question

dpb wrote in :

Agree, the noise is friction losses--_a_bad_thing_ (tm)

I've been using thinwall DWV plastic (Sch 30 or even 20) and excepting
for the static electricity annoyance(*) works fine as well.

(*) But it's no worse than the flex plastic, either...

I wrapped some wire around my planer discharge chute because of the
static. One end is grounded to the body of the planer. It helps quite a
bit.

Bill Pentz's site had a recommendation of putting a piece of metal tape
down the pipe on both inside and outside then connecting them with a
through bolt. Sounds like it worked well.

http://www.billpentz.com/woodworking...atic_electrici
ty

Puckdropper

--