Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Wild Idea: repair a compressor

Most folks would consider me to be trailer trash.
I live alone in a 1974 Fairmont, which is cram full
of what most folks consider clutter. With about
enough floor space to walk. The oilless compressor
I was given would have been a HUGE step forward
for me, and may be a big step some day if it's ever
working. I type on a PC that's over five years old,
don't own a laptop that works worth a hoot (I was
given one which weighs about 20 pounds and can handle
win 98 at maximum, and has 5.7 GB drive). My two
vehicles are both over 200k miles, and are 1995 and
1998 models. I'm blessed for what I have, and can't
afford anything newer or better. If I knocked over a
compressor and broke con rod, I'd really be in a tough
spot. I have great respect for a man who asks in public
(like this) for ideas how to use it up, make it do,
fix it up, or do without. My respect for Snag and
for Gunner is going up at present.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 9/16/2013 12:30 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
Ya know Lloyd I used to have respect for you . You weren't there , don't
know the situation or even what the compressor looks like . And yet you feel
you need to judge me - and to judge my equipment to boot ! Everyone isn't
flush enough to buy the very best of everything . I consider myself lucky to
have what I do , whether top-of-the-line or barely adequate .
--
Snag

Gentlemen...this all falls into the infamous "**** happens" catagory.

Everyone here...everyone...has had a similar thing happen to them at
least..at least..once in their lives.

Shrug...get over it and get on with your lives.

Gunner