Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default LED lamps

On Mon, 16 Sep 2013 00:57:38 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

On Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:59:33 +0100, PeterC
wrote:

Pointers towards good items/traders much appreciated.

I can vouch for this supplier...
http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Yescompany-...Company?_rdc=1
I got a set of 7W dimmable PAR30 E27 LED spots from him months ago and
they've been absolutely fine. Not the cheapest, but about a third of
the price retailers/onlineUK were wanting for the same lamps. Unlike
another supplier, where two of three failed in a fortnight, but they
were far cheaper. Price seems to be an indicator - the failed ones
weren't total crap, just badly assembled and with buggral QC.

Thank you very much - just what I was after.
It's easy to find LEDs but, as you've found out, more difficult to get good
quality.
Off to have a browse.
--
Peter.