Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default simplicity of design vs simple designs OT - Metal Content. Bullet Actual sizes?

On Sat, 14 Sep 2013 21:47:37 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013 20:06:18 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

So for you guys with smartphones, what all do you use yours for? What
are the benefits of switching from a landline to a cell? I still hate
cell because 90% of all cell calls (in my experience) have voice
dropouts and/or hangups. Old tech, new tech, digital, it's all the
same weak platform. It doesn't seem to matter which carrier they
have, either. AT&T, Sprint, Tmobile, USCellular are all guilty.

I have Sprint..and have very very few problems with voice calls, data
connections etc etc. The only issue I have with my smartphone is a
lack of onboard memory. Its only got 4 Gigs of onboard and an 8gig
chip. This particularl phone doesnt like running programs from the
storage chip, my last one did just fine. So I can only run 10-15
programs at the same time..not counting the housekeeping Stuff that
the phone operates with/on.

What programs do you run? (Other than games, which I don't partake in
at all.) I'm trying to figure out if a smartphone would
satisfactorily replace my land line, and what the cost differences
are, and what potential benefits would be. Security for lost phones
is another area I haven't really delved into.

I have a Sprint Victory smartphone and it works quite nicely for me.

It seems that most people who like their phones (at least those with
whom I've talked) are using Sprint.

And Ive had cell phones since the early 1990s

Some Areas..are better than others of course. In So California..we
have towers everywhere.

My sister in NorCal is my most frequent cell phone caller. I believe
they have a ton of towers in the San Fran East Bay area, too, but she
cuts out on almost every call, at least for a few seconds. That's why
I still feel that cellular isn't yet ready for prime-time. (I know, a
billion people can't be wrong, huh?

--
Try not to become a man of success but
rather try to become a man of value.