Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default safely cutting flat angles

On 9/15/13 6:12 PM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
I don't think either my miter saw or my table saw will cut 3-1/2 inches deep. Therefore a sled or miter gage solution is out.
Ivan Vegvary

Your table saw wouldn't have to cut that deep, if the 2x4 is standing up
on edge.
The 3-1/2" dimension would be passing through the blade.
The blade would be tilted at 30 degrees cutting through the 1-1/2"
dimension of the 2x4.
Or did I misunderstand the cut you're trying to make. You want to make
a bevel cut on the end of a 2x4, not a miter cut, right?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--